Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Rainy Day with Silver Linings


It wouldn't be Portland if it was sunny everyday.  I'm definitely used to running in the rain and actually appreciated today after the hot weather we've been having over the past couple weeks.  Felt good to be cool on the run.

My Kinvaras are really working well for me.  I feel less fatigued and feel like I can maintain a quicker pace for longer periods of time with them compared to when I'm wearing my Nikes.  Though I still have to stretch every 2 miles or so, I feel like I am starting to adapt to them and am having no problem running long distances.  Today was another 8 miler, so running 8 miles back to back and not experiencing any foot pain or anything was definitely a good sign that the Kinvaras are working well for me.

Also had some good news! I got my first ACS donation, so that makes me feel good.  Things are starting to look up now that I am getting the word out.

If you would like to help me reach my fundraising goal of $1500 for the American Cancer Society, you can donate here.

April mileage: 79 miles
2013 mileage: 413 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment